The Construction Industry Council, North East are delighted to be holding the North East Construction Summit on Wednesday 20th September. The aim of the Summit is to work with the construction industry leaders from the region and national experts to develop a North East Construction Strategy focused specifically on the issues, strengths and potential of our region whilst also taking into consideration the national factors affecting the North East. Topics to be covered include Innovation, People and Skills, Digital Solutions, Productivity and Procurement. Discussion forums throughout the day will bring together the combined thoughts of all delegates present to ensure the resultant strategy encompasses all subsectors of the industry.
We are extremely pleased to announce Mark Farmer, Co-Chair, Constructing Excellence will start the day by presenting on his report, ‘Modernise or Die’, commissioned by the Construction Leadership Council. This review was intended to provoke debate as to the current and likely future state of the industry and identifies the urgent actions needed to lead a change agenda that will safeguard the industry’s future.
Our other speakers for the day include;
- Dale Sinclair, RIBA’s Ambassador for Collaboration and Technical;
- Dr Stephen Hamil, Director of Research and Innovation, NBS;
- Simon Cross, Director of Building Futures Group, BRE;
- Don Ward, Chief Executive at Constructing Excellence;
- Sarah Fenton, Strategic Partnerships Director and Marcus Bennett, Research Analyst, CITB;
- Tom Warburton, Director of Investment & Development and Michelle Percy, Assistant Director of Commercial Development, Newcastle City Council;
- Steve Crake, Head of Procurement and Supply Chain, Northumbrian Water Group
Exhibition space and sponsorship opportunities are available and if you are interested in those please speak with Catriona for further details email@example.com.
To book your place at the North East Construction Summit please contact CENE on 0191 5007880 or firstname.lastname@example.org