SPONSORED BY SILVERSTONE BUILDING CONSULTANCY
Judges are looking for an initiative, project or series of projects that has focused on the value of facilities in use and the outcomes for owners and users. Good facilities add value by enabling owners and/or users to live or work better in them.
Winners will demonstrate how whole life cost and value have been considered from the outset; combining capital costs of construction with maintenance, operational and occupiers’ costs. The most important factor will have been the outcomes for the owners and users of the facilities, and these should have been a key driver throughout the design and construction process.
Entrants should be able to evidence the balance of expenditure between design, construction and operation, and must provide evidence or forecasts for improved outcomes for owners and/or users. Such outcomes may be financial, social or environmental.
Winning exemplars of Value will demonstrate some of the following attributes:
- Increased value for owners and/or users and better outcomes for all stakeholders.
- Value for owners and/or users a key driver throughout the design and construction process.
- Supplier engagement to ensure value outcomes are understood and maintained.
- Examples of where decisions were determined by future outcomes/benefits ahead of short-term considerations.
- Performance data collected and compared against modelling/forecasts.