Why Should LCA be Important to You?
Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) is a crucial tool for evaluating the environmental impacts of products and services throughout their life cycle. Especially in the building industry, LCA can provide invaluable insights into the environmental footprint of construction materials and processes. Understanding the lifecycle impacts helps make informed sustainability decisions and meet regulatory and client demands for environmental accountability.
About Decerna’s LCA Training
Our one-day LCA training course, led by experts from Decerna, is structured to provide an initial understanding of what LCA is and how to construct basic models.
The course covers:
- The basics and the limitations of LCA
- Historical background and the evolution of ISO Standards governing LCA
- Introduction to LCA software and databases
- Analysing electricity grid impacts
- Delving into various Impact Categories, including climate change
- Addressing uncertainties in LCA
- Understanding Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) and Product Environmental Footprint (PEF)
- A worked example demonstrating the full ISO 14040 process using the open-source LCA software OpenLCA, tailored to the audience’s industry.
Decerna’s LCA Experience
With over a decade of experience conducting LCA, Decerna brings knowledge and practical insight into the training. Decerna has worked on LCA projects on topics such as Carbon Capture and Utilisation, microalgae production, agricultural systems, building materials, electrical infrastructure, offshore wind, and consumer products. Our training leverages this extensive experience to provide a rich, practical introduction to LCA.
Discount for Constructing Excellence Members: £500 + VAT per delegate.
Date: 30th November
Venue: Ryder Architecture, Cooper’s Studios Westgate Road, Newcastle, NE1 3NN, United Kingdom (in-person training course)
Time: 9am to 4pm