The energy crisis seems to be on everyone’s lips at present. Recent rises in global energy costs, with everything from lower pipeline supplies of gas, greater imports from China, rebounding economies post-covid, low levels of wind, outages at nuclear power stations, a colder winter and now the Russian invasion of Ukraine are all factors. If it’s not the increasing energy costs, it’s looking to the challenges of supply and demand in a net zero carbon future.
So what does the construction industry’s response need to be? How can we address these challenges and uncertainties, prepare the built environment for the future and meet net zero carbon targets? Our panellists from across the sector will answer questions from the floor and discuss the potential solutions the industry needs to be able to deliver.
- Dr Oliver Jones, Research Director, Ryder Architecture – Chair
- Dan Kerr, Director, MawsonKerr
- Belinda Humphrey, Energy Operations Team Leader, Gateshead Council
- Keith Ketchley, Associate Director, DESCO
- David Lynch, Energy Innovation Partnership Manager, North East LEP
- Professor Sara Walker, Director EPSRC National Centre for Energy Systems Integration
To book your place please click here