G4C – GENERATION FOR CHANGE Tees Valley
G4C is part of Constructing Excellence, and we share joint aims. Following CE’s lead in collaborative practice we seek to harness the power of new people in the industry to make changes for the better and improve the way we work together. We are open to anyone looking to join the industry, or in the early stages of their career in the built environment sector.
This newly established Tees Valley network meet bi-monthly to plan G4C initiatives and events through which we communicate to our peer group.
“To become the organisation that is the driving force for industry change, through the development and connection of the future industry leaders”
This will be done by targeting three themes:
- People – Attracting, effectively developing, connecting and retaining the necessary people required to drive change
- Sustainability– Equipping members with the necessary skills to drive the industry and wider society towards a sustainable future
- Asset Outcomes – Supporting the industry’s transformation from process driven to asset driven solutions aligned to client and wider society needs (focused on outcomes)
We also have an active group set up in the North East with others being established in Wales, London and other areas of the UK.
G4C MEMBERS CAN BENEFIT BY
- having access to innovative industry thinking
- having opportunities to ‘accelerate growth’ beyond typical career path(s)
- understanding the strategic development / future of the UK Construction (asset management) industry
- being involved in networking opportunities to form relationships with like minded high achieving peers and to provide business opportunities
G4C’s AIMS ARE
- We will be the voice of our Generation
- We will influence change
- We will target key Built Environment issues within the NE/Tees Valley
- We will help the Built Environment in the North East/ Tees Valley through linking with local business, authorities and education.
- We will use the knowledge of, and work with other professionals within the industry
- We will learn about other professions within the Built Environment industry and develop relationships going forward.
- To network with like minded individuals from the Built Environment
The Tees Valley committee members are as follows:
- Jonny Frank – Faithful+Gould (Co-Chair)
- Adam Pearce – Thirteen Group (Co-Chair)
- Nicola Hill – Arup (CIHT)
- Rebecca Watt – Turner & Townsend (Vice Chair)
- Tom Fenby – Faithful+Gould
- Lewis Hughes – Esh Group
- Aaran Pearson – Faithful+Gould
- Luke Stonehouse – NG Bailey
- Matthew Armstrong – Wates
- Lucy Ibbotson – Wates
To keep up to date with latest news and events please follow us on the following social media networks.
– LinkedIn – G4C Tees Valley
– Facebook – Generation for Change (G4C North East)
– Twitter – @G4CNE
If you would like to be kept up to date with the G4C network for their social/networking and CPD please request to be added to the database by contacting email@example.com. Or you can join the National forum to link in with other G4C professionals across the UK at www.g4cnet.ning.com